Friday, June 22, 2012

5th and 6th grade got cancelled because I told them in class I was not feeling well, had a sore throat and a stuffy nose. They didnt want to catch what I had and decided not to come to class. If when a teacher is sick classes get cancelled, I think I caught something that I can get rid off, *wink* if you know what I mean.

So Cheon Taek, my delivery driver friend is expanding his business buy purchasing a brand new 15 ton transport truck to do late night runs in. Like Smokey and the Bandit. And since he bought this new truck, a celebration had to ensue to set it off on its maiden voyage correctly, Koren sytle.

Jay Op, Cheon Taeks nephew in front of the new truck and the "peace offerings" table.

Michael putting money in the "offering tray" keep note of this "offering tray".
Michael and I getting ready to bless the truck, which was just bowing down and then taking a big gulp from the communal Makali cup. Makali is a rice wine that looks like watery milk, though doesnt taste half as good as watery milk.
 Jay Op and Cheon Taeks mother, visiting from Seoul because of the celebration, watching as we kneel and bow. Funny thing is that Cheon Taeks sister was giving birth on this same day, and the family was split during the day for the birth of the newborn before 6pm and then afterwards the family came down for the celebration of the truck. Yes that is right, buying a big a$$ truck is the same as giving birth to a child. AHAHAHAHA crazy Korean culture. Now you remember that "offering tray" I was talking about earlier????


 Well this is it, that is cooked pigs head jammed with money in its snot, and mouth. Later we cut it up and ate it, just the pig head, not the money! Later on Michael and Cheon Taek went on a midnight Kimichi run all in a town 3 hours away. They didnt make it back till 3 am and Michael had to work at 8, I guess I am glad im not the Bandits right hand man, Snowman!

No comments:

Post a Comment