Tuesday, September 11, 2012

So its been a while since I posted and I apologize for that. I went on summer vacation for two weeks back in August and it was AMAZING to say the least. Flew out to Kuala Lampur, Malaysia then to Singapore then to Indonesia, where we went from Bali to Java, to the Gili Islands and Lombok. I have never seen more beautiful beaches than in Bali. Snorkeling and swimming with sea turtles, renting scooters and getting pissed on by a baby monkey are only a few of the highlights. Unfortunately though I left me camera at dinner one night and the next day I went and it was not turned it so someone took it. I am more disappointed in losing the pictures than the camera itself, but everyone on the trip was safe and returned in one piece which is the bigger picture (no pun intended haha). 

So I have some pictures and they are in a random order because they are taken off my Facebook page. I will describe but the pictures should speak for themselves.
 Limestone beaches of Uluwatu in Bali. Siting and thinking
 Going to take a picture of Stephen stumbling in the water, but I just noticed he may be drowning..........Mitch Bucanon to the rescue.....Cue Baywatch theme music and slow motion running
 Rylan and I in Chinatown in Kulala Lampur, they sell "real" watches and Gucci hand bags for a fraction of the price...............
 Steve and I at the Botonical Gardens in Singapore, we already left the hostel so we  had to have our bags
 Two friends I made on the island of Gili, Jocka and Adie, they work as house keepers at a homes stay. I took them out for dinner as a gesture of good faith and they later told me that in the three years they have been working on the island that is the first time they have eaten at a restaurant. It gave me a whole new meaning of the VALUE of a dollar.
 My buds again showing me a local spot for seething the sunset, there were so thankful for being so generous to them. Truly great guys. They asked when I will be coming again....who is coming this time???
 The staff at the Ubud Hideaway in Java. They were so kind and grateful for us helping them with any English questions they had. We gave our driver, the guy, a drink (after he was done driving of course) and the told us all about his family and Muslim lifestyle, it was very interesting to hear a different side of the story.
 There wasnt much to do in Java after we went to the largest acidic lake in the world. So we wrestled in the pool for hours, shoulder chicken fighting at its finest.
 The Batu Caves with our friend from Indonesia that we met that morning. 272 stairs to the top and you go into a HUGE cave with pigeon and monkeys everywhere.
 Steve, Rylan, Jeremy and I monkeying around in Bali
 Sorry Mama, I know you would skin me alive but I survived, we rented scooters for the day and toured Ubud in true fashion. Only a couple of close calls. It takes some time adjusting to the driving on the left side of the road.
 75 Kilos of sulfur that these gentlemen take down the 3 kilometer mountain everyday to sculpt smelly Donald Ducks and Hello Kitties. A lot heavier than I imagined.
 Busting out my Korean style while at Ijen Mountain at the peak where the larges acidic lake is. My clothes still smell like egg farts.
 A section of Tanah Lot.
 Taking in the views at Uluwatu.


Waiting for Rylan to hurry up so we can see the beach at Padang Padang in Bali. More pics to come when I get them from my friends. I hope everyone is doing well

No comments:

Post a Comment